Sunday, November 13, 2005

Poetry..... For The Masses...Or at least me.

And now a poem.... or lyric verse for the anal retentive.
(from a famous American that all of us knew)
(JIM MORRISON)

To be alone
& watch the dawn
It could create
a silly song
About a girl
I used to know

She was the star
of the lost side show

She wasn't me
She wasn't you
Believe you me
Knew what to do

& say to a man on
the end of his tether
"Hey, fine handsome
Man, there'll be a change
in the weather"

So what am I
Supposed to do
Just sit alone
& chew my shoe
I need a love
No more than she
& yet no less
& no regrets

If you can fill me in
on my Telephone
I'd be a sadder,
wiser son of a gun

I'll just this
about all that
I was the mouse
who caught the cat

I don't intend
To give you no points
of view

I just mean to tell
You--I'm alone

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home