Saturday, November 26, 2005

Lame, Sappy, Poetry For the Masses

Ok, this is some more lame ass poetry that I wrote awile ago. Or "lyric verse" for the anal retentive. Found it in one of my notebooks. Thought that maybe I would share it. So I wrote it down for ya... here it go..

Working title.... Working poem...(i.e. not done, poem or title)

"That dumb bitch stole my heart, smashed it on the ground, swept it up in a dustpan, and then had the nerve to send it to me C.O.D."

Sound like a new country song?? Dammit I knew I should have put somethin' about a truck in there!!!...Anyway...Needless to say, Not quite an appropriate title!!

So.... how about you suggest a new one? Maybe I'll like it...maybe I won't.

(And yeah...I know... it sounds like that new NIN CD)



I felt I gave You all the Love in My World......

It looks as though My past is here to stay...

Hiding in the crowd I'm all alone...

Colors all looked brighter when You were here...

Now all of them are so very unclear...

How could You just up and leave Me there?

Standing in the cold and all alone...

Where did You last see my heart?..

Oh wait!..It's like You ripped it apart...

Now it's up to Me to piece it back again...

I just really don't know where to start...

I felt I gave You all the Love in My world...

That wasn't enough...but yet You took it all...

So where are You now...that I can't even crawl...

I don't even think that I can even care...

I'm in Love with a Dream...

I know She just has to be out there...


I felt I gave You all the Love in My World......

(Just to let you know all bold words can and do stand for many different people and things.)
(I know it sounds sappy and all.... but I am kinda Sappy and Lame at times, just bein' me.)

4 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Blogger Doughboy said...

Thank you for your kind words. Not a great poem, but an Ok one at best, more like a stupid rant of mine. Thanks again.

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Gina said...

Merry Christmas to you too - and I don't remember saying any group of people was bad. I do remember posting a quite funny poster that was meant to be completely and totally a JOKE. Not something to actually draw commentary. Unbelievable the spark this caused. Actually, quite nice to be the center of this much attention. A whole post from some unknown fella. Anyway, best to you too doughboy. Peace in, out, upside down, whatever. bye.

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Doughboy said...

Yeah... Uh...Whatever...

 
At 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like sappy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home