Sunday, January 08, 2006

Huh? What?

A philosopher dreamed he was a butterfly, and from that moment he was never quite sure that he was not a butterfly dreaming it was a philosopher. Envy him; in his two-fold security.
For all anyone knows, nothing is. Everything has to be taken on trust; truth is only that which is taken to be true. It's the currency of living. There may be nothing behind it, but it doesn't make any difference so long as it is honored. One acts on assumptions. What do you assume?

6 Comments:

At 7:30 AM, Blogger Cooper said...

assume nothing.... it is the best way to go

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Doughboy said...

I agree but... As human beings we all make assumptions about many things. So yes if we all could assume nothing about our surroundings, about our life and our place within it, then everything could be better. Yet we all do and that holds us back from becoming what we could be if we assumed nothing. Life would be great if we all thought of the world as some quantum physicists do. Some of the more radical ones seem quite happy in their lives.

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Doughboy said...

Those passages were out of a screen play by Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead, kind of a Hamlet spoof.

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Jim said...

all is maya
(hit google search for maya)

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Jim said...

http://hinduwebsite.com/beliefinmaya.htm

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

I have a schizophrenic assumption. On one hand I believe eternally that something great is meant to happen to me and it's just around the corner. On the other hand I believe that I live in a rather evil world and it will bite me in the ass at every turn.

BTW, Roland, I hope you are ok. I just noticed how old these posts are. I have been a bad kid and not posting on anyone's blogs for awhile. But I very much hope you're ok.
The Cheesy One

 

Post a Comment

<< Home