Friday, December 30, 2005

1967

My father wrote this in 1967.
He was in like 7th grade.

Greed

I had a father and he went to sea,
He went there becouse of me,
Becouse I wanted too much gold,
My father had to be very bold,
And now my sweet dear father's dead.
He paid his debt just like God said.


Kind of makes you wonder what it was like to be in 7th grade in a small town in 1967. I wonder if he ever thought I would read this again in 2005 and ponder what he was thinking. Oh well.. he is dead now so I will never know. Still shackled to his memory. Still entomed in his legacy. Still thinkin' of him everyday and it's been more than 10 years since he died of cancer. Can I get away from that? Hells No. Don't want to. Why would I?

3 Comments:

At 11:05 AM, Blogger Kathleen Callon said...

Sad poem.

Came over to wish you a Happy New Year. Hope next year is better than this one. Peace.

Kat

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger bluesclues said...

That made my eyes all wet. Thanks for sharing.

 
At 12:35 AM, Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

It wouldn't be right to forget someone to whom you were so close. No matter what people say about "moving on."
You may learn to accept that it's happened, but you should never forget.
My parents are getting old and I love them but have a lot of unresolved issues that will never be resolved. I've tried to bring certain things up to clear the air but they just get defensive. It isn't worth it.
I know that I'll miss them when they die. I'll go through the period of panic attacks and thinking about how I could have been a better daughter.
Eventually I'll accept it but I'll never forget.
And there are things I'll always wonder about.
Peace,
Cheese

 

Post a Comment

<< Home